Here at DhymiDigital, our readers differ from those who require small workstations, all up to those who require the most efficient system they can get. These workstations were quad or double CPUs however, in recent times the trend has been to quad GPU configurations. The amount of GPU power could provide incredible performance for many industries, such as scientific computing, rendering, and is also used in video editing software such as DaVinci Resolve. With NVIDIA’s latest GPUs such as that of the GeForce GTX 3080 with 10GB as well as Geforce 3090 RTX Desktops – the amount of performance you get from just one GPU has dramatically increased.
However, the amount of power these cards require to run (and additionally, the amount of heat they produce) has also increased. In addition, the majority of GPU models from NVIDIA and third-party suppliers aren’t designed for use with multi-GPU systems, which in many situations restricts you to one or two cards. But, Nvidia has launched Geforce RTX 3090 for Desktops which has generated lots of buzz. In this article we’ll examine the different aspects associated with Geforce RTX 3090. This way, you can make a decision on whether you need Geforce the RTX3090 Desktops as well or not.
GeForce RTX 3090 Desktops – Test for Setup
To determine whether it is possible to determine if quad GeForce RTX 3090 is something we might even consider for the future, we decided to add a variety of configurations to evaluate performance, temperature levels, and the power draw. The primary device we’ll be using must be in line with specifications:
|CPU||Intel Xeon W-2255 10 Core|
|CPU Cooler||Noctua NH-U12DX i4|
|Motherboard||Asus WS C422 SAGE/10G|
|RAM||8x DDR4-3200 16GB REG ECC(128GB total)|
|Video Card||1-4x Gigabyte RTX 3090 TURBO 24G|
|Hard Drive||Samsung 970 Pro 512GB|
|PSU||1-2x EVGA SuperNOVA 1600W P2|
|Software||Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Ver. 2004)|
Although our test with around 3 RTX 3090s is fairly straightforward, we face some significant issues with power consumption when we have four GPUs. We’ll attempt using just one 1600W power supply with the stock settings.
However, additionally, we will set the power limits for each GPU to 300W (which should keep us from exceeding the maximum 1600W) as well as using two PSU configurations to ensure that all the cards are underpowered. In our test we will be looking at the power draw, efficiency, and GPU temperature with OctaneBench, RedShift, V-Ray Next, and V-Ray Next. GPU impacts section within our PugetBench for the DaVinci The benchmark Resolve.
GeForce RTX 3090 Desktops Performance – OctaneBench
OctaneBench is frequently the benchmark we use most often and is a well-known benchmark for GPUs since it works exceptionally well when using multiple cards. According to the Octane Bench charts, the scale from the one card to up to four RTX 3090 cards is nearly perfect , with four cards scoring four times more than one RTX 3090.
In reality, the most significant surprise was that restricting each GPU to 300W would only reduce performance by slightly more than one percent. While we’ll discuss power draw in greater detail in the future, we will reveal that the limitation of the GPUs decreased the overall power consumption by 16% which is an excellent return for such a small reduction in performance.
GeForce 3090 V-Ray-Next Test – Can it come under the list of best buying gaming desktops?
V-Ray Next is rapidly becoming another standard in our GPU tests because it doesn’t only perform the same as OctaneBench but actually leads to a slightly higher system power draw, which makes it a fantastic benchmark to test stressing GPUs. There’s not much to add if you are looking for Affordable Gaming Desktops, However, as per GeForce 3090 V-Ray-Next, it is the best one among affordable gaming desktops. Testing it can be a good option.
Upgrading to four RTX 3090 cards is ideal as restricting the GPU’s power decreased the performance of the benchmark by less than one percent. There aren’t any performance gains with a dual power supply; this means that, thus far, only a single power supply of 1600W appears to be performing well.
nvidia rtx 3090 24gb gddr6x – RedShift Test
In RedShift we did not find it to be much of a difference in scaling, however, 4 RTX 3090 cards are 3.6 times more efficient than a single card. Also, the power limitation on the cards, and using twin power materials definitely did not affect the performance to an extent. RedShift is interesting because it isn’t a part of the conjunction with OctaneRender or V-Ray. However, its current purchase of Maxon (manufacturers of Cinema4D) indicates that we’re likely to see more people using RedShift in the near future. It is important to know that this test returns the lead time to seconds and a less pronounced result is better (the opposite of our other tests).[wptb id=773]
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 founders edition
- As we all know, The 1700 watts of power generated are more heat than the majority of electric space heaters can be difficult to handle within a computer system’s framework. What we found was that, while the Quad RTX3090s have the capability to operate with a single 1600W power source, the reduction is extremely close to.
- Also, Remember its the power is drawn from the wall and also exceeds the 92% efficiency of the EVGA system we’re using the maximum capacity of power at 1,717 Watts has to be converted into 1,580 watts in the. This leaves us with an additional 20 watts that can be saved with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 founders edition
- The first thing we noticed for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition was that the one that generated the greatest power was actually one of our DaVinci Willpower GPU Impacts examinations. It’s likely due to the fact that it doesn’t just use GPUs, but also puts in a sufficient amount of CPU as well. Due to this, the test could be a bit more precise in the best amount of load you can place on a computer in a “day-to-day” circumstance.
Latest 3090 Nvidia – Kudan Graphics Card with Hybrid Cooling System
COLORFUL has actually introduced the iGame GeForce RTX 3090 KUDAN, its front runner graphics card for 2021. The graphics card includes a distinct air conditioning system that makes use of a mix of air cooling and also fluid air conditioning methods to supply outstanding air conditioning, leading to severe efficiency.
VIVID also claims that the iGame GeForce RTX 3090 KUDAN or latest 3090 Nvidia is a limited-edition graphics card, as well as the business will certainly create just 1,000 devices of the GPU.
It is valued at a tremendous $4,999, which indicates that it will certainly run out of reach as one of the most exceptional consumers. The iGame GeForce RTX 3090 KUDAN graphics card has a black and also grey color motif, total with gold accents. Its CNC machined aluminum alloy backplate, as well as shadow, make it incredibly solid. The graphics card likewise includes adjustable RGB lights and makes it an eye candy and also a 60Hz LCD present for real-time efficiency tracking.
Nvidia 3090 desktop specification for Kundan Series
- The iGame GeForce RTX 3090 KUDAN’s fast launch installations provide an incredible to place and also get down the radiator pump system. The fluid air conditioning system’s installations can be turned 360 levels for a less complicated setup and also preparing the radiator as well as the graphics card based on your preference.
- The graphics card will certainly come packed with KUDAN devices, consisting of a KUDAN screwdriver, KUDAN keycaps, as well as a KUDAN GPU owner. COLORFUL has actually produced a sturdy as well as an extravagant bag that is utilized to load the graphics card, the radiator, as well as all the special KUDAN devices, pointed out above.
- The business had actually lately released 3 graphics cards in India: iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Advanced OC-V, iGame GeForce RTX 3070 Ti NB 8G-V, as well as the iGame GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Vulcan OC-V. Before that, the Nvidia company had actually released the iGame M600 Mirage Video gaming COMPUTER with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3000 collection GPUs in the nation, with a beginning rate of 1,19,999.
GeForce RTX 3090 vs other GeForce RTX Other series
- The 3080 had the highest performance for the money of the wide variety of NVIDIA cards, which range from mid-to-high-end consumer cards from the GeForce 10 series all the way to the GeForce 30 series, as well as NVIDIA’s data center Class A100, and the V100 Tensor Core GPUs.
- As one would expect given the RTX 3090‘s nearly $1,000 higher than the RTX 3080, Moreover, The 3090 had the top quality of consumer-grade models, performing just behind the 3080. Likewise, the A100 tensor core GPU that comes with its 40GB VRAM capacity and the Ampere architecture offered nearly twice that performance as the 3080. This shouldn’t come as a surprise given the A100’s price tag of $12,500.
Presently, Graphics Processing Units or GPUs are commonly used to train models for machine learning, due to their capability in executing tasks on matrices parallel. However, they are also popular in some other use cases such as gaming and video editing. Thus. Before you decide to buy any GPU consider the following points.
- In the beginning, you must determine what amount of memory you’ll need for your graphics card.
- You should also consider other aspects like the design of your computer (desktop and laptop)
- Do you need a discrete Graphics card, GPU that is integrated into the CPU?
- Be aware of the power connectors on the card you are using.
- Pay attention to the graphics card’s thermal design power (TDP)
Our blogs at DHYMIDIGITAL aim to educate people all around the globe on the best products that you can buy online.
GeForce RTX 3090 Review
NVIDIA is the leading GPU manufacturer in the industry. The company releases newer and advanced graphics cards for varying price levels. NVIDIA has admirable GPUs in the high-end range. RTX 3090 is one of the latest releases by the company.
GeForce RTX 3090 is a Titan graphics card that has 21% more CUDA core than RTX 3080, its predecessor. It also has double the VRAM and a higher price tag.
Here’s what the Dhymi Digital team has to say about RTX 3090.
NVIDIA’s colorful igame RTX 3090 kudan 24g limited edition 3-way GPU is for users who need to run highly intense graphical tasks for long hours. Animation and video rendering become easier when you use a powerful graphics card like RTX 3090. The heatsink cooling system is a bonus as it keeps the GPU’s temperature under control.
RTX 3090 claims to provide stunning results in 8K at 60 fps (frames per second). However, gamers do not necessarily require this level of video quality as most games are still around the 4K range and lower. RTX 3090 is advantageous when you work with 8K quality graphics and require the extensive 24GB VRAM.
Performance and Features
The full-fat GA102 GPU is huge and takes up three slots. The graphics card dimensions are- 313mm L* 124mm H* 52mm D. It weighs 4.7 pounds and is one of the heaviest GPUs on the market.
RTX 3090 has a memory speed of 20Gbps and clocks 1,695MHz. The combination of 24GB VRAM and 20Gbps memory speed make it one of the super-fast GPUs in the price range. However, with 10,496 CUDA cores, 328 tensor cores, and 82 ray tracing cores, RTX 3090 consumes more power to run.
A slightly disappointing factor is that the RTX 3090 is less than 10% faster than RTX 3080. The resolution at 4K is good for sure, but not extraordinary. This makes it a less interesting choice for gamers but a better option for animators who don’t want to try Quadro and Tesla GPUs.
GeForce quad RTX 3090 starts at $1499 for the Founders Edition. That said, the company is also offering the GPU to third-party manufacturers. The actual price depends on which model/ manufacturer you choose.
Pros & Cons
- Wonderful performance
- Best suited for creators and gamers
- 24GB VRAM memory
- Fast cooling feature
- Consumes too much power
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 is a good choice if you are a creator and require a GPU with solid performance and cooling abilities. It is expensive, given that the RTX 3080 provides similar performance. Go for RTX 3090 if 24GB memory and raw rendering power are important factors.
What Is Dhymi Digital?
Dhymi Digital is a one-stop destination for technology addicts. It is a comprehensive tech blog with detailed posts, articles, lists, reviews, and comparisons about various software products, applications, gadgets, and more. Our blog is unbiased and designed to help users understand technology in simple terms.
Subscribe to our free newsletter to get the updates in your email.